Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Having a Happy Sad Day...

As moms we always want the best for our kids no matter how old they are. God Blessed me with one son, one that I am so proud of and honored to be his mom. If I had just one advice to give to parents of younger children, that would be to love them and cherish every single moment you have with them because they grow up and start their own life's journey.

I am also a proud Army Mom. My son has served in the 82nd Airborne Division at Ft Bragg, NC for almost 8 years. He is with the 2/325 White Falcons the only Brigade  to be called an Airborne Infantry Regiment because of the gliders that were used by the Brigade in WWII.

He left early this morning while I was still asleep to go to Ft.Jackson, SC for Drill Sgt. School
I've been staying with him since moving back to NC from TN. He's been deployed to Iraq 3 times. His longest stay was 15 months and one deployment to Haiti. I can tell you last night mom had tears not looking forward to this morning. He had clothes in the dryer so before I went to bed I folded his clothes, made sure his Powerade was next to his clothes and this morning I found a note he had propped up where I sit and work on my computer. "Thanks Mom.... Lov ya, Chris. Yes I tried to hold back the tears... It will never matter how old your kids get; they will always be your little boy or girl.Ü

The Happy part of my day is looking forward to finishing my booth at the Flea Market! I will post pics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment