Friday, May 11, 2012

Microwave Fudge Huge Hit in Benson, NC


I can't say enough good things about Country Gourmet Home's Microwave fudge. I am truly a cluts when it comes to baking things and I was sure that the fudge was going to be added to the list.

I had a 9x9 pan and because I was making it for my booth at the flea market I decided to make 2 batches in the pan. Well... My first mistake was trying to mix it into a class bowl that you can pour when done. It tapers at the bottom so it was harder to mix that way so... I got a large bowl and things went pretty well until I poured it into the pan and oops...not all of the ingredients were wet. So I thought the worst but I had already promised I would bring fudge.

I got a sheet of wax paper and started squishing the fudge up by hand and to my amazement it looked pretty good. I will say that while squishing it, it reminded me of dog poo.Ü Really that's what I thought. Okay I spread it in the pan and it didn't look to bad. I refrigerated it for an hour and tasted it but since I had never made fudge I wasn't sure if I had succeeded. I am just not a sweet eater so when I arrived at the fleamarket all the vendors took a sample. The waiting for the review was nerve racking.

Drum roll please... They said it was the best fudge they have ever had. Later at my booth I was giving samples out and this family came by and the teenager being a teenager grabbed one and walked off and to my surprize he turned around and came back and said "this is really good. The family took the taste test and then bought 2 mixes to take home.!!

Now...please understand the process I did is not the process you will do. I just wanted to share my experience because at the end it was Awesome. We have an event in September called "Mules Day" they have 40 to 50 K people at the event so I am getting help making the fudge this time. Ü

Thanks Amy and Shane for an amazing mix!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment